When it comes to crow’s feet, many people have them yet no one wants them. At Elite Serum Rx, we have advice that’s two-fold. First, we’ll tell you how to prevent these laugh lines, next we’ll show you how to treat them if you have them.
How to prevent crow’s feet
Crow’s feet, sometimes known as “character lines,” are inevitable for all of us as we age, but that doesn’t mean we can’t prevent them for as long as possible or reduce their appearance. Here are several proven ways to do just that.
- Use your sunscreen. We recommend wearing at least SPF 30 every day. Yes, every day! That means summer, of course, but it also includes the dead of winter. Being exposed to the sun causes your skin to age more quickly. Bonus: Not only will sunscreen help protect your skin from aging, but it’ll also help protect you from skin cancer.
- Invest in UV-protecting sunglasses. This is a chance to double your protection. Any time you’re out in the sun for a prolonged period of time, UV-protecting sunglasses will help prevent sun damage and can further protect against crow’s feet by helping you not squint.
- Use the right face and eye serum. At Elite Serum Rx, we offer a serum that’s anti-aging, anti-wrinkle, and chock full of peptides that help your skin avoid damage and repair itself from existing damage. We recommend our serum thanks to its hydrating ingredients and proven effectiveness.
- Massage the muscles around your eyes. Crow’s feet, at their core, are just lines ingrained into your skin because the muscles beneath the skin are being used repeatedly. The eye area is susceptible to wrinkles because those facial muscles are used so frequently. Take five minutes at night to massage these muscles to help them relax.
How to treat crow’s feet
You now have some ideas on how to prevent crow’s feet, but we also want to share with you some ideas on how to treat existing wrinkles.
- Drink plenty of water. No matter how old or new your wrinkles are, getting plenty of water is the most important thing you can do. Dry, dehydrated skin will sag – which will make your wrinkles look worse.
- Use a moisturizer. In exactly the same way water can help prevent your wrinkles from showing through, a moisturizer that’s targeted for your delicate eye-area skin can help plump the area and smooth out your wrinkles. Again, hydration is the name of the game!
- Take a close look at your diet. Ensuring your diet is rich in antioxidants is one way you can promote healthy, youthful-looking skin from the inside out. An egg white mask applied to the skin around your eyes can have a tightening effect too. Just take one egg white, beat it in a bowl, soak it up with a cotton ball or rag, and then use it to coat the skin around your eyes. After 15 minutes, wash it off with gentle soap and water.
- Use Aloe vera. Natural food enthusiasts will tell you that aloe vera is one of the most trusted ingredients to help treat your crow’s feet. It has antioxidant properties that fight off free radicals and it includes both vitamins and minerals that brighten and tone your skin. Just drink a tablespoon of aloe vera juice twice a day, or grab a fresh leaf, squeeze the gel out, and apply it around your eyes before you go to sleep. When you wake up, wash your face. Do this every day for a few weeks to see firmer, more hydrated skin.
Elite Serum Rx
There are some aspects of aging that just come with the territory but these tips can help prevent or lessen the effects of crow’s feet. The regular use of Elite Serum Rx can treat existing crow’s feet and help prevent new wrinkles from forming. Please contact us today for more information.